Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

a garden at the beach

There's a garden, a large productive veggie patch, taking up an entire vacant block in the heart of this expensive beachside suburb in which I reside.
It seems strange, but amazing. What is it doing here?


There was no-one here this morning on my way home from my beach walk, so I stopped to snap off a few photos..


The patch is abundant, with all kinds of goodies. Passionfruit clings to the front fence, and behind I can see, amongst other things, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, strawberries, tomatoes, all kinds of herbs..


In the afternoons, I often spy a man toiling away in here.
I want to stop and ask him all kinds of questions.
I want to offer help..
But I feel a bit silly..



Maybe one day I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always a thrill to get comments. Makes my day! Thanks for stopping by xx