Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

5.30pm



 It's 5.30 and I'm sitting on the deck, hemming by hand.

Why?

Because my mum mentioned it, briefly, in passing, and when I got to that point in the dress, I realised she was right. 

My mum has had this material for almost forty years. Forty years!! And now she's entrusted it to me, to turn it into a summer dress for her, for Christmas. So I want it to be perfect.

So often at this point I'm on the home stretch and I just zip around on the machine. It's quick, it's easy, and it's often covered up under lace or trim.

But this dress has a large hem; as I've left the option to lengthen it.
So, as I sat and hemmed, my daughter was making biscuits in the kitchen.

All by herself.




There's no rush. It's holidays.

 Dinner can be simple. pasta in a tuna tomato sauce. 
It takes ten minutes to make and the same to consume.

After dinner, we'll have homemade biscuits for dessert. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. Hand stitching can be fairly time consuming but the results will be worth the extra effort I'm sure.
    I make a tuna in tomato pasta dish too, it's a favourite around here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds amazing - sitting outside in the sun, hemming a dress, while there is lovely cooking going on inside. Bliss. x

    ReplyDelete

It's always a thrill to get comments. Makes my day! Thanks for stopping by xx