Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

42/52

Milestones...


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Stella:
She went on music camp. Away three whole nights and four whole days. The hardest part was leaving her there and walking away. The best part was going to pick her up. When I saw her I got tears in my eyes. She looked exhausted, happy and somehow a little bit more grown up..

Ruby:
This week saw her really start to read. I don't mean just know words and like books. She's always had a love of books. But this week she crossed that bridge... you know, that one where you pick up a book and become totally engrossed in it. It's momentous and immensely satisfying. If she has books, if she truly loves to read, then a whole new world opens up for her...

Joining in with Jodi, at Che and Fidel

There's been other milestones these past couple of weeks too, that deserve their own little place in this blog. So I'll find some time this week to write them up properly. I've not been at this computer much lately. Life has got in the way. But this is the way it should be. Life should always come first.




2 comments:

  1. Yes life should always come first! Happy firsts for your sweet girls! Nothing better than these new steps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these! Such lovely things to capture and tuck away for memory keeping. Hope your week is a lovely one :) x

    ReplyDelete

It's always a thrill to get comments. Makes my day! Thanks for stopping by xx