Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

eight


our baby turned eight this week.


there was a cake for her class...




lots of presents. 
The much anticipated magnetic whiteboard for her teaching, books, 
games and a handmade dress, a soft toy, a jigsaw card...




and a small family cake to round off the day.


I know most people say gosh, eight, where did the time go? But for me, I feel like Ruby has been with us forever. Our days and weeks and years have been filled with the sound of her chatter and laughter and just general hubbub. 
Boy, this one can talk. She is here and she will be heard. 
She fills us with joy and love and hope and yes, sometimes frustration. Her personality is big, she loves with all her heart and she knows her rights.
my baby. 
But as she constantly tells me, she's not a baby any more. And as I look over these photos, I can see she's right. 

(But she'll always be my baby)

Happy birthday, darling girl xxx

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Ruby! What a lovely post. I hope she had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! AHHH this one tugged at me. Yep they will always be your babies! Sounded like a wonderful celebration! Have a great weekend friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl and yep my boy definitely has turned the corner away from childhood. Just yesterday he asked if we could replace his space doona, the one he has had since he was two and would have meltdowns if it wasn't on the bed. The only doona he has ever known but now it is time to move on. Sniff! mel x

    ReplyDelete

It's always a thrill to get comments. Makes my day! Thanks for stopping by xx